Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year

A new year and new curriculum. I'm slowly finding the curriculum I like and now have decided to start preschool with Cole. He seems to always be in trouble while we are doing school so I figure it couldn't hurt to include him more in the learning process. I've decided to use the Itty Bitty Bookworm curriculum since it is based on books and has lots of fun activities. It's pretty simple since preschool age kids don't need to be doing much school but do need lots of attention. Yesterday we were snowed in so we took the opportunity to play in the snow and officially started school today. I think Cole and Cameron both liked getting more attention but I soon realized that Cam wants to do everything Cole does but doesn't quite have the skills yet. This should be interesting. It will definitely take some time to figure out how to teach 3 different kids that all have different needs but hopefully we can iron out the kinks fast and just have fun learning. I also started using Discover the Old testament and am excited to incorporate the scriptures with our history study. As with most homeschooling moms, I'm already thinking about next year and what i want to focus on. It is both fun and exhausting to constantly find new curriculum or ideas and try to decide what to use. right when I think I've figured it out I hear about something new and start all over again. Here's to many days ahead full of discovery!

No comments: