Friday, February 18, 2011

Animal Grossology

Another week comes to a close with a trip to the SC State Museum to visit the Animal Grossology exhibit. It truly was gross but interesting. We learned all about gross animal habbits, weird facts about bugs, and even smelled different animal scents.  We met a few other homeschool families there so it was fun to visit while the kids explored. We also finished up our study of Jupiter in Apologia Astronomy and played Jeopardy to remember the things we studied in the first quarter of Story of the World-Ancient Times. Our Teaching Textbooks Math is going really well and the kids are each doing two lessons a day. They really enjoy anything on the computer. Tomorrow we will be helping out in the Great American Bird Count. This is a national project to help track the birds in each state and also help with conservation. I'm really lacking in my knowledge of birds so I thought this would be a great way to get out in the beautiful weather and learn from the pros. The only drawback is that it starts at 8 am and is half an hour away. Yikes! I also narrowed down part of my curriculum for next year: Apologia Anatomy and Story of the World Middle Ages. We will continue with Teaching Textbooks for now and maybe switch over to Saxon math in a few years when Kayli will need to prepare for SAT's and such. I really am hoping to have more time to blog about our studies and I finally replaced the batteries in my camera so pictures will start popping up again.

No comments: